Project S.T.I.R. (Steps Toward Independence & Responsibility)
- Group training offered as needed.
- Opportunities for advanced training and trainer roles in statewide S.T.I.R events.
- All individuals are welcome to attend and/or join the group. This group focuses on self advocates speaking up for themselves about issues that concern them. Current affairs, fundraising for local needs, and working on our communication skills are regular topics.
- Members attend Self-Advocate meetings and OSDA (Ohio Self Determination Association) meetings with other counties.
- Connect with other counties' self advocacy efforts.
ODDC (Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council)
- Assistance available to fill out paperwoek and secure references for Self-Advocates who wish to apply for openings on ODDC.
- Transportation and coaching through Adult Services Program.
- Support for accessing required trainings.